An elderly woman, 78-year-old Helen Greene, was found unresponsive in her Beverly Hills, California home after an unfortunate incident with a “massager.” The woman was taken to a nearby hospital where she was revived and treated for her injuries. The emergency medical team says Greene was unresponsive for nearly 6 1/2 minutes.
According to reports, Greene’s daughter called 911 after she was unable to get a hold of her mother. Police were able to access the house where they found the elderly woman half dressed, with the device still remaining inside her. Greene had electrocution marks that ran up her stomach and down her arms. EMTs removed the bloody device and turned it over to investigators. In the home, they found that the elderly woman had an entire display of “toys” displayed in a glass case. Police say there was no foul play involved, and Greene’s testimony to detectives confirmed that.
After recovering from the electrocution, Greene tells investigators that she likes to “give herself a little massage now and then” to ease her loneliness. “I haven’t had a man friend in my life for a really long time,” Greene told police. “So I started to collect massagers. I have a Smoothie V, Pocket Rocket, 2 in One, at least 10 different ones so I don’t get bored. My favorite is the Vibratin’ An*l Power Beads, that one is a doozy! But the Hulk, it really rocked my world, and I guess I fell asleep. It gave me a real zap in the gap!”
Family members say they were shocked and appalled, as Helen Green is known for hercrocheting and cookie baking for the neighborhood kids. Greene’s son said he has confiscated all of her “massagers” and will keep a better eye on his mother and try to get her to stop her “frisky ways.” He says he has set her up on an online dating site, hoping she will find herself a real man and let go of these battery operated gadget.